Tuesday, June 7, 2011

CFDA Awards 2011 Red Carpet: Best Dressed

There was such a smorgasbord of fashion delight at the 2011 CFDA Awards last night. This is an event that doesn't require a ball gown, but does require a formal effort. A kind of 'if not long then at least glitzy' dress code. Also it is attended largely by people who are directly connected to the fashion industry in some way, thereby raising the fashion IQ of the event in general.
For me, the standout look of the evening was Kirsten Dunst. Patrik Ervell was nominated as Men's Wear Designer of the Year. He didn't win, but he did take the red carpet in his custom tuxedo for Kirsten. And she carries it off beautifully. I love classic men's wear for women right now. It is such a timeless look. Well played, KD.
There is no question that Naomi Watts looked stunning in gold Calvin Klein. She delivered a masterclass in minimal dressing for formal occasions. The Olsens also took my breath away. I die for that pale blue midi-dress on Ashley. That and the black skirt on Mary-Kate are by their own label, The Row. The more I see of the latest collection, the more I want, I'll tell you that for free. Oh, and MK also added that happening little gold Chanel jacket. As you do. For them, these outfits are as good as it gets. Beautiful.
And finally, I had to wiki Amber Heard this morning. Apparently she is an American actress. I can't vouch for that, but I can say that she looks lovely. I am a total sucker for white, black and a hint of chartreuse (our very own Thula Sindi did this first). Way to introduce yourself, Amber. (She is wearing Cynthia Rowley, but Thula's was better.)
Before we leave the CFDA Awards. Let's also swing by my fun looks for the evening. Not quite best dressed, but enough to make me smile, in a fashion kind a way. You know what I mean.
Liv Tyler wore the Women's Wear Designer of the Year Proenza Schoeler and looked very jolly. I mean that in a good way. I like it. Southern African model delight, Behati Prinsloo wore Rebecca Minkoff and looked very lovely (and a tiny bit young-Kate Moss) and one of my all-time favourite actresses, Judith Light, looked resplendent in lime green. Doesn't she look fantastic!
I am now gorged on fashion. Need to take a rest. What were your thoughts on it all, gang?

No comments:

Post a Comment