Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blake Lively Covers Glamour July 2011 - Interviewed by Florence Welch

Fresh from loving on Blake Lively's summer holiday wardrobe yesterday, comes the news that she is the cover star for next month's US Glamour magazine. Inside she is interviewed by her celeb bestie, Florence Welch from one of the coolest bands around right now, Florence and the Machine.
Other than admitting how she stalked Florence before they met - and then she bought pizza for the whole band so they all fell in love with her - Blake also let's us in on how it came about that she doesn't use a stylist, and how she feels about the constant scrutiny and judgement by people like us.
She says, "I think I became my own stylist by not knowing any better. And once I was told it was time to get one, I thought: This is one of my favorite hobbies! And I’m going to pay someone to steal my hobby from me? That’s a terrible idea!"
She goes on to say, "I have a strong sense of myself. That gives me a sense of security, you know? If I define myself by things that are always changing, like the public’s opinion or what I’m wearing or what job I’m doing, there’s no stability in that."
Sensible, measured, fun and girly, Blake Lively seems to be as nice in real life as she looks. And this shoot is a delight, isn't it? Do you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment