Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011 Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards: Best Dressed

It was the 2011 Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards in the UK last night. I used to love this particular awards ceremony as it takes place in Berkeley Square in central London - right across from my old office. We used to watch the set up and the early arrivals as we sloped home from work. But it definitely brought a bit of razzmatazz into our lives every year. On a small sad note, last night's event was missing two of the main winners. As you all know two of my book club members are a bit tied up on opposite sides of the world and were unable to pick up their prizes. Victoria Beckham won for Best Accessories Designer of the Year and Dannii Minogue won for Best TV Personality of the Year. Congratulations to both and we will celebrate at book club when babies and TV shows are over.
But let's chat about the outfits that were there. Kristen Wiig (an actress in Bridesmaids) wore a stunning mustard J.Mendel gown that I was quite taken with. I was also rather enamoured with Daisy Lowe's Versace two-piece. I don't usually like an exposed midriff, but this one works so well.
Katherine Jenkins represented for Victoria Beckham (again) in red and the lovely Fearne Cotton looked utterly charming in yellow Miu Miu. Nicely played for a UK event.
More surprising for me was how utterly beautiful Jessie J looked. Yes, that's her there on the left (to the left...) Hey? Gorgeous black sequin sheath, gold clutch and a stunning neckpiece to go with the new long and more feminine hair. This was the triumph look of the night for me. Having said that, I was also surprised to find myself liking lil' old Rachel Stevens' leopard print number. With the velvet hem. Really, really lovely. And seriously, can you skip over the killer curves of Kim Kardashian? Well, I almost did and then I thought that the image looked better with her in it. That's all. Sometimes I just roll like that. Boom. And so there's Kim. What do you all think?
PS: Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen won for Best Designer of the Year. Obvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment