Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Style: The Trouser Edition

There are a few things that I think are worth noting here, providing us with some pointers for our own style. First of all, the draped (or waterfall) jacket has overtaken the cardigan and provides a just-as-flattering but more edgy and structured look - as seen here on both Drew Barrymore and Alexis Bledel. Let's keep an eye out for ones in the softest leather or good quality wool.
Secondly, the skinny leg trouser is always going to look better with the draped jacket than the bootleg. The proportions are just better. But Gwyneth Paltrow (who seems to be having something of a style moment right now, quite against my better judgement), also shows how a cropped trouser can be balanced out with a flat ballet pump - a classic look that she has reinvented with leather jeans. And I love that blouse too. I am totally irritating myself by liking her outfits, I promise. C'mon, man. Stop looking so darn good. Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment