Friday, March 4, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Beauty Products

The Friend Friday group by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and join a friendly community of bloggers.  Join the fun by checking out the  Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group. And definitely read Modly Chic - it's such a great blog!
 
Photo courtesy of We Heart It

This week's questions focused on beauty products. I never get to discuss cosmetics and hair products, so answering  these questions was really fun!

1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?  

I really adore Loreal's Hip high-pigment eyeshadows. Did you know that Loreal and Lancome products are made in the same locations and use the same ingredients? I didn't either. Urban Decay's Potion eyeshadow primer helps the shadows last all day without creasing.

High-end products are harder for me to narrow down. Erin of Work With What You've Got recently introduced me to MAC cosmetics and they've become my crack. Their lipsticks are the bomb (yes, I just said "the bomb", so they must be great.) I love Viva Glam IV, and often wear Viva Glam 1 in  my photos - it's bright, but shows off beautifully. I also swear by MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation, which provides full coverage yet allows my freckles to peek through. Dior blush is a helpful pick-me-up when I'm feeling tired and a bit drab - I recently bought one at thre Dallas Bloggers Meetup and it adds just the right amount of color without being garish.

2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?

Without a doubt, mascara. Without it I look like a strung out insomniac. I use Maybelline's One by One - it makes my lashes defined and adds length without clumping.

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?

I swear by Toni and Guy's molding paste. Just a little bit gives the perfect amount of definition to my short, layered hair.

4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?

Confession: Five years ago I decided to grown out my hair to shoulder-length and go blond. Big mistake. Huge. I spent a fortune at a high-end salon getting peroxided into an icy white-blond. For a pale girl like myself this was a really unfortunate look. I looked ghostly. And it ended up damaging my hair to the point where I had to chop it off.

5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality? 

With my red hair, nose piercing and and neck tattoo, I have a very bold look. I like to play it up with pigmented eyeshadows, liner and brighter lipstick. I feel more permission to play things up because my hair is so bright. However, there are occasions when I need to tone things down, and that's much more challenging for me to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment