Friday, March 4, 2011

Design Indaba: Stefania Morland Review

The final collection that I am going to review from Design Indaba 2011 is that of Stefania Morland. Let me start by saying that I am going to find an excuse to shoot that grey, tulle skirt, such is the joy that it brings me. I love how such opulence in a skirt is paired with an of-the-moment brown silk shirt, which is a classic high/low pairing for this season. My other great delight from this collection is the clashing of animal print fabrications. Layering gorgeous silks over each each other is lovely enough - to make each layer a different print is sublime. This was a mature showing of signature style, updated for the season. It was yet another demonstration of Stefania's consumate fashion identity, undimmed by the limited looks in the presentation. If you haven't discovered this label for yourself yet, it really is time. Next time you are in Cape Town, head to 15 On Orange and step into her world of fashion. You will thank me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment