Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cat Deeley Smiles for Esquire Magazine

I was just chatting to my namesake at Cosmo fashion yesterday and we were talking about how a smile in a fashion photograph is an unappreciated weapon. The old adage that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar is appropriate as, no matter what fashion story you are shooting, an unexpected smile or a bit of wit or even some playful kookiness, does far more to draw the reader in and engage her with your fashion, than a sulky look to camera.
And then I saw this new shoot that blog-fave Cat Deeley did for Esquire Magazine. Usually I don't care for women in their knickers, smoldering at the camera. But Cat's playfulness and beaming smile is far sexier than any smoldering I have seen lately. And it doesn't alienate a female audience either.
Well played Catherine from Birmingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment