|Source: We Heart It|
This week brings the introduction of the FBFF Blog Awards! Each participant is to nominate one blogger for each of the categories below and explain their nomination. The responses will be counted and the top five bloggers named in each category will be decided. Those finalists will then be opened up to a public vote over a couple of weeks!
1. Creative Juices (most creative):I really enjoy Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy. Her blog is full of creative and unique takes on fashion and beauty, and she's as authentic as they come. She's also fantastic at mixing prints and colors, and has encouraged me to try out colored tights (which I now love!)
2. The Real Deal (authenticity): Without a doubt, this award should go to Erin of Work With What You've Got. I've had the privilege of spending time with her, and she is just as genuine, sincere and stylish in person as she is on her blog.
3. Spark Notes (most helpful): Kileen of Cute and Little has some really helpful tips regarding blog design and html on her blog. I'm still learning how to navigate through blog design, and her tips are encouraging me to be more courageous when it comes to computer navigation. And Sally of Already Pretty offers such wonderful styling advice and tips on dressing best for your body type.
4. Newbie (best blogger less than a year old): Me! No, just kidding. I really enjoy reading Dwelling and Telling. Linley has only had her blog for a few months, and she's already up to over six hundred followers. That's saying something. Her style is simple, clean and elegant, and she comes across as very genuine and sweet.
5. Can You Hear Me Now (most connected):Without a doubt, this award should go to Kendi of Kendi Everyday. As the creator of the 30x30, she turned a small challenge into a blogger-wide event that unites bloggers across the world. She created a community through which bloggers of all ages and style types can network and learn from one another.
6. If I had a Hammer (best DIY): I really love the DIY's from Love Maegan. From jewelry to clothing, she imprints her unique, Californian sense of style through tutorials that are clear and easy to follow.
7. Tribe Leader (blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together): Gotta go with Indiana of Adored Austin and Gretchen of Gretchen's Closet. Together, they're organizing the Texas Style Council Conference in March, and I'm thrilled to be attending.
8. Practically Perfect (most fashionable): I love Karla of Karla's Closet. She mixes very high-end items with vintage and mall-store pieces in a real way, and always manages to look impeccable. Her shoes are beyond killer too.
9. Paint by Numbers (best beauty blogger): My vote is for Keiko Lynn. I adore her makeup tutorials, and she's genius at applying shadows and eyeliner. I also like The Beauty Look Book for comprehensive make-up and perfume reviews.
10. Renaissance Woman (best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle): A tie between Erin of Work With What You've Got and Sydney from The Daybook. Both are authentic, stylish, informative, and unique. They blog about many different topics, include readers on a glimpse into their lives and relationships, and aren't afraid to put their opinions out there.