Thursday, June 23, 2011

When Barak Obama Dresses Down, What Does He Wear?

We talk a great deal about what Michelle Obama wears and her style. But generally we forget about the US President, her husband Barack Obama, until he wears something other than his standard dark suit and tie. And then we take some notice. Like this past weekend when Mr O was spotted out and about with his daughters before they left to come here to South Africa. Wearing a pair of very well pressed casual jeans, a short sleeve shirt and a pair of mandals, Mr Obama looked relaxed and at ease.
He has been known to favour good classic Levi 501 jeans for all his dress down needs. They have been in turn derided and praised, but the President is unrepentant and is firm on these as his go-to look for weekend wear, saying, "I hate to shop. These jeans are comfortable, and for those of you who want your President to look great in tight jeans, I'm sorry - I'm not the guy. It just doesn't fit me."
I think a middle-aged man in classic denim is a perfect look. I certainly wouldn't want to see my President in skinny or washed jeans. Can you imagine? Embarrassing! No, these are just great, thank you very much. Long love classic jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment