Thursday, June 2, 2011

Royal Academy of Art Summer Exhibition Preview Party Best Dressed

The very first thing that I ever aspired to doing when I moved to the UK back in the very early 90s, was attend the summer exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art. And I did. Back in 1992, for the first time. Since then, I managed to get myself onto the list for the preview nights and have attended countless of these annual art celebrations. Although obvs a bit difficult now that I live in Cape Town.
So what I missed last night was a wonderful exhibition. But I can catch that online. I also missed some frock horrors. Yikes, there were some out-feets. But there were two that caught my eye that are worth a mention.
First, that cute Carven ensemble that Chloe Moretz wore. With pockets peeps! How divine. And then I thought it was important to mention artists Tracey Emin. Wearing a stunning orange Viv Westwood, this rather ungainly woman looked poised and sleek. There is something to be said for a fantastically made garment. It can make any woman look and feel beautiful. Props.

No comments:

Post a Comment