Friday, June 3, 2011

Lily Allen's First Lucy in Disguise Collection. It's Not Me. It's You.

Lily Allen is a talented and mesmerising musician, defining her generation of young girl-singers and successfully collaborating with all the key industry peeps of the time, like Mark Ronson and Dizzee Rascal. And while this 'time' was only a few years ago, things have moved on and Lily has sadly transitioned from music to fashion. Well, sadly for me as I LOVED her acid-sharp lyrics and intelligent samples.
I don't LOVE her first collection, designed under her vintage label Lucy in Disguise, with her sister. I don't hate it either. But I am kind of 'meh' about it. It is a little too costumey and amateurish for my tastes. Each look is modeled on a defining look of the decades.




















Each look is very literally called things like "Speakeasy", "Jitterbug", "Radio City" and "Gold Rush". And they are fine. Very accessible. Great little party looks for young girls. And they will probably sell by the truck-load. Good. I am glad for her as I have a natural sympathy for this soul who has had just as much spoiled luck as she has had unfortunate tragedy. But I simply can't form a relationship with this lot, like I could with her music. It really isn't for me. Possibly it is for you. Lily Allen designer? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment