Friday, June 17, 2011

Drew Barrymore Chooses Vintage Levi's For Her Market Run

I have always said that one of the best items to get hold of in vintage form, is denim. And the great thing about it is that you can create your own vintage denim by getting lots and lots of wear out of your current jeans. On our public holiday yesterday I was tidying up and examining a pair of jeans that I have been wearing non-stop for the past six months. They are definitely now tatty and have some holes in them. Do I throw them out or do I rework them for weekends at the market in the countryside?
And so I searched up on the Google-a-tron and look what I found - Drew Barrymore living my life. Well, kinda. There she was in her worn out Levi's, walking to the market, just as I had contemplated doing.
Aside from being slightly freaked out, it really did make my mind up for me and I will be shipping the old jeans down to the weekend cottage for wearing till they fall apart. I guess it is time to go and buy a new pair to replace them then. Sigh. The problem with country cottages is that you don't have any money anymore for new jeans...

No comments:

Post a Comment