Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Angelina Jolie Shows Us Her Core Values for Louis Vuitton

Let me admit that I am a HUGE fan of the Louis Vuitton 'core values' ad campaign. It started, I believe with Sir Sean Connery and I thought it beautiful. But it really captured my heart when Bono and his wife were featured in the "every journey begins in Africa" incarnation. Shot by Annie Liebowitz, as they all are, in the South African highveld. I could feel a bit tight throated and teary just thinking about it.
Well the new one is out. It is smart and features a (more) natural Angelina Jolie on a boat in Cambodia where she does an awful lot of charity work and investment. Apparently she is wearing her own clothes and is make-up free. Well, I don't know about that. But I do know that her bag is her own LV that she has used for years. That the image is beautiful. And that her message is stirring and strong - "a single journey can change the course of a life." When you put it in her personal context of her eldest son Maddox, who she adopted from Cambodia, changing both of their lives forever, I can feel a bit of that old familiar tight throat thing again.
Nothing beats a campaign that can capture your aesthetic and your heart. Well played Louis Vuitton.
PS: Please click on the image to make it bigger 

No comments:

Post a Comment