Thursday, June 23, 2011

2011 amfAR New York Gala Best Dressed. And Fergie.

Looking absolutely sensational at the amfAR gala in New York last night was, as ever, the divine Ms Diane Kruger. Dressed in red custom Valentino, she kept her accessories absolutely minimal, hair back in a casual bun and let her lipstick do the talking for her. I am a huge fan of this style of smart dressing. I absolutely embrace the less-is-more and don't be seen to be trying too hard. The American critics weren't so sure. They needed a bit more flash. I say leave it to the Europeans to show you how to do dress-down red carpet. Of course Dita von Teese also looked immaculate and quite stunning in her navy blue drapery. Very well played ladies.

Twenty-two year old Emily Browning, an Aussie child actress who starred in Lemony Snicket and Sucker Punch looked a treat in her gorgeous Louis Vuitton romber with Peter Pan collar (I want!), in monochrome (so on trend). I can love it on her as she is young and peachy and quirky. I can not love this style on the older ladies like Cameron and, yes, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. Seriously woman. Have some dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment