Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Favourite Campaign: Burberry's April Showers

Do you follow Burberry on the Twitter, hmmm? Well, I do. In short, designer and creative director, Christopher Bailey takes over their twitter account during the shows and that's fun, and then for the rest of the time it is a PR gal, I would guess, and a weekly update on what music Christopher is listening to. Music is clearly a strong influence on the designer and his collections. And now, it seems to me, the newest Burberry campaigns.
When I look at this unexpectedly colourful selection of shots, I see album covers. I see artful poses for NME. I can see, taste, smell England and the posh-indie rock bands that have defined the nation for decades from the Rolling Stones, through Blur to Radiohead, Coldplay and Keane. The latter of which is currently participating in the Chinese launch series of Burberry this week.
I love the splashes of primary colour (and a bit of green) of these otherwise classic raincoats and trenches. It makes me happy.
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Sophie Kennedy-Clark and Matthew Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment