Monday, March 7, 2011

Ethical Fashion: A Piece for iFashion



















As many of you know, I recently attended the Cape Town Fashion Council's annual meeting at Design Indaba where this year's topic of debate was Ethical Fashion. This echoed issues raised by Li Edelkoort at her DI talk, as well as topics covered at London Fashion Week's Estethica programme. Ethical fashion really is the hot topic right now.
And so, as is my wont, I wrote a piece on ethical fashion for iFashion. What I found most revealing out of all the local discussion right now, is how many sides of the industry saw ethical practice as a trade advantage - designers, trade unionists, retailers and manufacturers all seem to be in agreement. How often does that happen?? So, give it a read and let me know what you think on the subject.
Are you prepared to pay a bit more for everyone else to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment